There are 7 stages of a typical home audio visual project. Working with your builder we can take you through every stage of the project.
1. Develop scopes of work
A detailed scope of work is the foundation of every project, taking into account your budget and aesthetic preferences, functionality, energy efficiency and future technological needs.
2. Design and documentation
After liaising with the architect and interior designer, we produce detailed specifications for all electrical and electronic works.
We provide a set of documents that includes:
- An electrical specification document
- Electronic systems layouts including audio visual, home theatre, security, access control, CCTV, etc.
- Communications layouts including internet and telephone
- Lighting layouts including zoning, switching and switch plate design
- Window covering control locations, valence designs and integration within ceilings and window frames
- Systems distributions locations
- Cable routing locations
This documentation is used by the electrical contractor and other systems integrators to install the cabling in preparation for the home systems.
3. Cabling and infrastructure installation
At the rough-in stage, the electrical contractor and systems integrator installs the electrical, lighting, audio visual, security, communications and data cabling as specified.
4. Project management
Throughout the rough-in stage we support and liaise with the electrician, designers and other tradespeople to ensure the systems are implemented to the highest standard.
5. Product selection and installation
We recommend waiting until the cabling and infrastructure is installed before selecting systems components. This means you can take advantage of technological advances that may have occurred during the construction phase. Once selection has been made, the chosen components are purchased, installed, programmed and configured based on you requirements.
6. Handover and Training
At handover, we take the time to teach you how to get the best from your home systems. Once you have lived with it for a while, we can return to fine-tune the system to better fit your lifestyle if necessary.
7. On-going support and maintenance
All our systems are tried and tested before handover. We offer a wide range of warranty and support options, including a plan for systems upgrades as and when you want them