Salary: $60,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
We are looking for a highly skilled & experienced AV Technician to lead field crews on residential and some commercial projects throughout the GTA.
You have experience in our industry and you are looking to work with a great team and amazing clients throughout the GTA. We are based in Leaside (Toronto Midtown) but our clients are throughout the GTA with a heavy focus on downtown neighbourhoods.
- 5+ years of Residential AV experience
- A love of the construction industry & working with custom home builders, architects and designers
- Some Commercial installation experience preferred but not required
- Experience with installing, testing and commissioning smart home systems
- Proficient with systems including Home Theatres, multi-room audio, lighting automation and systems control
- Familiarity with ELAN, Control4, Crestron, and other smart home platforms
- Lutron RadioRa2/HomeWorks is a plus
- Alarm & Surveillance systems is a plus
- Networking and WiFi systems is a MUST.
- Ability to diagnose/troubleshoot and resolve various service issues related to Integrated AV systems
- Efficiently pull, terminate, label, and test cabling between audio, video, data, and control equipment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with audio-visual systems, programming and products/components.
- Strong knowledge of signal flow, different audio/video signal types, connector types and terminations. Must be able to read and follow AV system schematics and supporting documentation
- Proficient termination & cable management skills. You can wire up a rack for a 5,000 to 10,000 sq foot home with absolutely no issues and you can’t wait to demonstrate your skills.
- Experience with installation and configuration of wired and wireless network systems
- Liaison with other internal departments, clients and contractors
- Represent the company in a courteous & professional manner to clients and other trades
- Ability to manage expectations with excellent interpersonal skills to interface with the client as well as anticipate their needs
- Great communications skills, high ethical standards, and able to work independently as well as lead crews
- Strong organizational skills & experience with tracking many phases of a project for coordination
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 20’ high
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Clean Driver’s license a PLUS
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of video, audio, and control connectors and cabling
- Ability to solder is a PLUS but not a MUST
- Ability to repair drywall is a PLUS but not a MUST
- Ability to read system schematics and floor plans/blueprints
- Ability to understand programming systems and interfaces and equipment configuration
- Must be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to work with Windows and MAC OS environments