Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
We are expanding and looking for a highly skilled & experienced AV Technician to lead field crews on residential and some commercial projects throughout the Kawartha Lakes and Cottage Country Region.
You have experience in our custom AV industry and you are looking to work with a great team throughout Ontario and Quebec and amazing clients.
Our Head Offices are located in Toronto and many of our existing clients have vacation homes which we have been servicing over the years. Now is the time to build a local team with the higher level of local service our clients expect.
- 5+ years of Residential AV experience
- A passion for the construction industry & working with custom home builders, architects and designers.
- You have worked on light commercial projects and can easily speak to the needs of local businesses
- Experience with installing, testing and commissioning smart home systems
- Great communications skills, high ethical standards, and able to work independently as well as lead crews
- Strong organizational skills & experience with tracking many phases of a project for coordination
Must be competent in:
- ELAN, Control4, or other smart home control platforms
- Lutron RadioRa2 & HomeWorks QS smart lighting systems
- Alarm & Surveillance systems
- Whole Home Networking and WiFi systems
You are fully equipped and able to:
- Diagnose/troubleshoot and resolve various service issues related to Integrated AV systems
- Efficiently pull, terminate, label, and test cabling between audio, video, data, and control equipment.
- demonstrate your knowledge and experience with audio-visual systems, programming and products/components to our clients, builders and other partners.
- Share your knowledge of signal flow, different audio/video signal types, connector types and terminations. Must be able to read and follow AV system schematics and supporting documentation
- Install, configure & troubleshoot wired and wireless networks
- Leverage the appropriate Cloud 9 AV team members to get your projects completed
- Represent the company in a courteous & professional manner to clients and other trades
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 20’ high
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Clean Driver’s license a PLUS
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of video, audio, and control connectors and cabling
- Ability to solder is a PLUS but not a MUST
- Ability to repair drywall is a PLUS but not a MUST
- Ability to read system schematics and floor plans/blueprints
- Ability to understand programming systems and interfaces and equipment configuration
- Must be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to work with Windows and MAC OS environments